Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all , I have just joined following the purchase of an Erion 929 project

It came to me as a non runner that hadnt run for a year , I am at breaking point as I cannot figure this out

I put a new battery on and it primed fuel pump but no spark

it then started priming the fuel pump intermittantly when switched on to not priming at all when switched on

I have a wiring diagram and have switched relays around and looked for anything obvious now pulling my hair out

Any ideas ?
Bike turns over I have a green light next to the key symbol on the dash

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Can't help with your problem, but you found an Erion? Damn, I've scour eBay 6 times a day and have all things Erion in my search feed and not a word. :(

Hope you get it sorted soon. Couple on here with good fuelling knowledge.(y)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nigel

It need some sorting out !
I am trying to get it running before really pulling to bits and going through

I have taken the pump out of the tank rather than trying to balance everything on the bench

its my first toe in the water with a roadbike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I can get pum when connecting it directly to the battery , however I have 12v in on the connector on the brown and black wire but not on the other brown or green ( earth ) if I brifge the two green wires it still doesnt pump

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Sounds like electrical ,on the harness connector for the pump do you get 12v for a few seconds with the ignition on between the Brown and the Green wire , have you isolated the BAS

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
On the harness side of the BAS connector (3 wires) place a jumper wire into the Red/White and the Green wires on the connector (not the White wire) that is your BAS isolated, have you checked all fuses are intact

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Did it start, and have you checked for fault codes?Also noticed your immobiliser connector on the pink wire looks chaffed in your picture , bottom right 4 wires, check that out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it didn’t
The pink wire is scraped back to check for current or any life
Think a sacrilegious burning will soon be in order

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
When you swapped the relays did to swap the Headlight with the Fuel cut relay and then with the Engine stop relay, and with no spark it would be best to test the Gen Pulse sensor to eliminate that, and look at central earthing points ,it always seems to be that

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would it still turn over if the kill switch was faulty

I have checked the central earth and have swapped the crank sensor for another

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would it still turn over if the kill switch was faulty

I have checked the central earth and have swapped the crank sensor for another
Pulled out my factory Honda 929 manual, and it will not crank with a faulty kill(engine stop) switch. That switch supplies ignition power to the starter push button, and it also sends the ignition signal over to the Engine Stop Relay.

You said you replaced a "crank sensor", but not sure what you mean. There is an Ignition Pulse generator, and a Cam Pulse Genrator, and both have to work to talk to the ECU and get the coils sparking in proper firing order. If you pull the Engine Stop Relay, you can jumper the Red/White to the Black/White, which bypass both the relay and the BAS before it. After all that, ground points, of which there are 3, one at the battery to frame, and two others, 1 has just a single green wire, the other has mutli-green/striped wires and one white/yellow which feeds ground to the Cam Pulse Generator.

Also, need to check the Throttle Position Sensor, as it also talks to the ECU about igntion/spark. Barring all of that, faulty ECU is the last culprit.

Here is a simple pic of the igniton sytem from the manual:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Many thanks for this , the previous owner has said the stator is suspect , would this affect the spark or just wheter the battery would charge ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts