Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
cool video I am wanting to do some Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing myself what type mods did you do to your 929 in order to make it "race ready" I have a 01 929 thanks for any info you can give

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bugger all really.
Bought the bike in '03 as a totally stock cosmetic write-off with 9000kms on it. Put on a fibreglass race fairing, Leo Vince hi-mount half system, Power Commander 2, K&N filter, 520ERV chain and sprockets (-1/+5 I think at the moment) and had it Dyno-tuned to suit the muffler.
I've never even had the spark plugs out of it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude ... In the last few seconds of the video did that guy in front of you flip you the byrd?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope - thumbs up :)
We all race as mates and it's all good fun. That's Tex who rode awesomely all season until an horrendous crash that shattered his pelvis. He is recovering very well though and expects to regain 100% fitness but won't be racing again sadly.
This season there was nobody on the track that I didn't enjoy riding with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank Heavens … it would have been awfully rude.

Sorry to hear your friend was hurt … please pass on my well wishes for speedy and full recovery.

Great video by the way … one of the few I’ve seen where the camera is both passed and passes.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Great little sprint race. I see an RC51 in 2nd and a newer Blade in 3rd(nice TaylorMade exhaust). What kind of bike was in 1st spot?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
those guys don't seem to get their butts off the seat very much. especially the guy on the RC, looks like he's glued to that thing.

cool video though. looks like a nice track too.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve is leading on a 916, Gavin on an SP1, Tex on an '06 1000RR and myself on the 929. Tex is the guy that smashed his pelvis and doesn't race anymore.
I'd forgotten I had that link up there as I've been putting the vids on Youtube this season instead.
YouTube - ausgixxerpilot's Channel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts