Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up im new to this forum.. had my bike stolen last year (08 cbr 600rr) and looking into buying either a 929 or a 954 out of the two bikes, from experience, which do you guys think is a better fit. Based on which is more comfortable to ride, handeling, driver/bike response, power, etc... thank you your feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I have not been on a 929, but my 954 is just right for me. I can ride her all day and she has great power. The 954 has a few more horses than the 929 and a few less lbs.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Six of one ... half dozen of the other. Pick what you like and roll.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thats what people have been saying.. i think im gonna go with the 954 unless i find a 929 for a ridiculous price

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had my heart set on a 954 for about 6 months, then i found a great 929 for $1000 less than any other 954 or 929 for that matter. Couldn't pass it up. I cant image there being much of a difference btwn the two.

Love my 929! Good luck to you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
929 or 954, some of the best bikes out there, i just had a 929 which got stolen and i liked it better than my 07 1000rr which also got stolen, both bikes are about the same there is somany interchangable parts and everything, but the line are sexier on the 954

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea now i just gotta find a damn clean 1 for a nice price... i lost almost 10grand on the 08 they stole from me so pockets arent as deep as usual

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
:huh: so i am not the only one who thinks that.:D
Nope, you never have been :thumb:

Talk dirty to us Twincam:)
I can stare at that rear end all day :rotfl:

Getting back on topic (see what you guys made me do!), I am of course biased towards the 954RR as I have one myself. Saying that, the 929RR is equally a good bike, it just depends on what you prefer.

There is going to be common problems with any bike you buy, the CCT is something that keeps popping up on both. I've seen a lot of 929RRs with charging problems whilst I've seen a few 954RRs with cracked blocks.

Don't settle on the first one you find, if in doubt post up a detailed description of the bikes you're thinking of buying and let us help you with your decision :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
I like the looks of the 954 as well. Just a tad more seductive than the 929. As some of you may well know I came off older Kaw's and love the looks but have been looking for the arm pulling rip roaring power:idunno: Please advise, I don't want to put a bunch of monies in her unless I have too. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts