Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just bought a 929 that was laid down in october and didnt have the issue i am having with it before the accident. The bike will idle fine but after a few minutes it will pop every so often and it seems like it does it more when the engine is under load. The sound is coming from the airbox so i took that off and it is domanatly the left and right cylinder that pop. I emptied the tank and put new fuel in and it reduced it but still happns. What i found out about the bike so far is it has aftermarket full exhaust so no egr but the airbox flapper was still intact so i removed that. Any ideas how to fix the small backfireing from the throttle bodies. Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yeah, force of habit...throttle bodies, carbs, thingamajiggies, buttpimples..whatever you wanna call them....point is same. They are VERY sensitive to airbox being sealed (as are all CBR's). Brain fart and I do have a lil blonde in me:eyebrows:

·
Registered
152 Posts
For the flame to come out of the throttle body.. it would almost have to be timing.. are you wires going to the stick coils correctly? valves good? .. since the timing it self cant be adjusted(except for aftermarket ones from "factory pro") it may be a fautly componant (spelling?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update... It seems fine now. I ran some seafome thru it and it hasnt pop'd while idling so i just have to take it for a ride to test it. Thanks for ur guys help hopefully i get out of this issue this eaisily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.