Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
And of course the major difference is the 929 model only allows upto a 45% change in fuel whilst the 954 model allows upto 100%.

Doubt that's a factor.

Magic

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok now that weve said the 929 power commander will work on my 954 will it be worth it to install it will it make that much of a difference is it worth the trouble

·
Registered
17 Posts
well i do have an exhaust system and the power comander was free so the only thing i have to invest is a little time but will it make that much of a diff. will i be able to notice a change in performance

·
Registered
264 Posts
from what ive heard if you have a full system and a really good map then you will notice a difference. If you go to a dyno shop and get a custom map made for your bike you will really notice a difference.

·
Registered
454 Posts
When I put a PC3 onto my 929 it turned it into a whole new bike. Throttle response was improved as was fuel economy (by as much as 30Ks per tank).

I've kept the PC3 for installation on a 954 (which I'm intending to buy when I find a good one) and have spent a bit of time testing the copy and paste method for using a M104 PC3USB (929 version) instead of a M110 PC3USB (954 version) on a 954 and its a piece of cake if you use the standard Microsoft Windows Ctrl-C to copy and Ctrl-V buttons to paste.

Do the install, you wont regret it !

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use a PC3 on the 954 for ridability not for pure performance improvements.

Considering 100% of my riding is street and mostly commuting :-( I can't see how to use 100% of standard power let alone any increase. What I did find I could use was a smoother on/off throttle response at lower rpm. Anything under about 4Krpm (from memory) was very on/off when trailing the throttle, by using the PC to modify the fuel map has made the throttle much smoother at those lower revs.

Overall the use has increased my enjoyment and that's what it's all about.

Magic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts