Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could advise me. I was told by a friend to buy a nextup "pull" Quickshifter. When I came to fit it I noticed it's the wrong way! It's my fault I should have checked. I can't send it back because I have cut the rods that come with it. So do I have to change to reverse shifting with the qs installed and if so how? Any advice appreciated thank you

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If you're sure that you have a GP shift QS set up only then yes, you have to change to GP shift. I've ridden a few bikes with GP shift, once you get used to it you don't want to go back to regular shifting. I accidently bought the regular shifting for my R1 and I could not return the QS unit so that is why I am still on regular shifts. To change to GP shifting, all you have to do is take the shifter linkage off the shift rod and put it in the opposite direction that it's currently in. So basically, if the linkage is connected to the shifter rod at 6 o'clock, you invert it to 12 o'clock and if the linkage is connected to the rod at 9 o'clock, you move it to 3 o'clock. I'm not familiar with your particular set up but that's how the change is usually made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts