Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I've bought a cheap set of used fibreglass race fairings and a tank, and I'm converting my 929 into a dedicated track bike. However, the race seat unit and undertray has no facility for holding the battery, ECU, fuse box, etc.

It looks as if I need to modify my OE undertray, keeping the front section that holds all this gubbins and chopping off the rear section that would get in the way of the new undertray.

However, the front of the OE undertray simply hooks onto a cross-member on the subframe and relies on bolts further back (on the section that I need to cut off) to hold it in place.

Has anybody out there run into this problem? Any suggestions as to how I might solve this?

Thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
My race undertray is a carbon fiber one that uses the stock battery/ecu box. The box itself was removed from the stock undertray and siliconed to the cf undertray.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi there

I've bought a cheap set of used fibreglass race fairings and a tank, and I'm converting my 929 into a dedicated track bike. However, the race seat unit and undertray has no facility for holding the battery, ECU, fuse box, etc.

It looks as if I need to modify my OE undertray, keeping the front section that holds all this gubbins and chopping off the rear section that would get in the way of the new undertray.

However, the front of the OE undertray simply hooks onto a cross-member on the subframe and relies on bolts further back (on the section that I need to cut off) to hold it in place.

Has anybody out there run into this problem? Any suggestions as to how I might solve this?

Thanks

I moved the battery down on top of the transmission, and the ECU is fixed to the underside of the seat, there is nothing else in my tail unit. I also made my own rear subframe.
More pics - 2000 CBR929RRY Photos by ausgixxerpilot | Photobucket

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I left the entire stock battery tray/undertail, including the licence plate holder. It works for our endurance team's mission (Squids for Kids) which raises $ for toys for less fortunate kids. ( We had raised and $3500 last summer and just before xmas purchased almost 40 garbage bags full of toys for our toy drive)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My race undertray is a carbon fiber one that uses the stock battery/ecu box. The box itself was removed from the stock undertray and siliconed to the cf undertray.
Aha! Thanks. That's what I think I may need to do - any chance of a photo or two please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts