Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 929 race head with ferra valves. the head work was done by KWS Racing. i am including a brand new powercommander and Ignition Module with the head. i would like to get $450.00. I have over $500 in head work alone not including the price of the Valves. the head was never installed in the bike. sold bike before work was finished. i will have pics soon.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
What exactly do you class as a "race" head?
For drag racing or circuit racing and what class compliance?
Is it milled?
Are the valves and seats oversized or recessed?
I don't know what Ferra valves are. Are they special or just standard aftermarket replacements?
Have the combustion chambers been altered?
Intake and/or exhaust ports altered (cut out or built up) for peak power or midrange?
Intakes bored for larger throttle bodies?
Standard springs, guides and retainers?
With or without cams?
Any work done in the oil or coolant galleries?
Drilled for oversized head bolts?
The only pics that would matter would be down the intakes.
I'm about to port a head for my racebike so I'm seriously interested if yours can save me the time but I need to know _exactly_ what has been done to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What exactly do you class as a "race" head?
For drag racing or circuit racing and what class compliance?
Is it milled?
Are the valves and seats oversized or recessed?
I don't know what Ferra valves are. Are they special or just standard aftermarket replacements?
Have the combustion chambers been altered?
Intake and/or exhaust ports altered (cut out or built up) for peak power or midrange?
Intakes bored for larger throttle bodies?
Standard springs, guides and retainers?
With or without cams?
Any work done in the oil or coolant galleries?
Drilled for oversized head bolts?
The only pics that would matter would be down the intakes.
I'm about to port a head for my racebike so I'm seriously interested if yours can save me the time but I need to know _exactly_ what has been done to it.

"This is not a drag race head"

This is a modified milled and ported cylinder head. The floors have been puddy'd and reshaped to build more pressure around valve head. The port work blends the best top end without the sacrifices of mid range when altering to extreme cam timing. The Valve guides are all brand new with less than 400 street miles on them since replace. All of the valve seats were cut by Kevin Hunt of KWS motorsports on his Serdi machine.

There has been no boring of these intake ports. They run on the stock OEM throttle bodies.

We were going to raise the floor of the exhaust port for better bottom end, but could not have the work done locally. It needs to be welded by pro to be done correctly. We compromised with an exhaust gasket we created that showed no significant gains in power.

The valves are stainless. They work well with nitrous oxide and will withstand prolonged track use better than any titanium valves. Very little gain in using titanium valves and keepers. 2 hp maybe if that. A lot cheaper to replace if you have problems. Milled head .040" With JE 12.5 - 1 pistons that are of 1mm over bore brought us compression ratio of 13.25 /1 = 210lb's compression

It runs on pump gas just fine.

This is a mild ported head that when used with the correct cam timing and web cam will produce around 146-152 hp. Not a screamer drag head. A well thought out roadrace head for all the super happy fast go go fun to happen at the twist of the wrist on the street. Torque wins, in the real world.

Any other questions call :
Derek King
[email protected]
"Head / Engine Builder"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.