Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 93 cbr 900rr and before I bought it looks like theyswapped the stock regulator to one from a 929. 900regulator runs 5 wires (3 yellow 1 red 1 green)
And the 929 runs 7 wires (3 yellow 2 red 2 green) the
900 reg won't match the 7 wires coming from the .aim wiring harness. I have a 929 reg ordered and it's on the way but I need to know how to re wore it back on. Which greens go together and same for the reds. How do I test to see what one needs to connect to its right mate. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. It still isn't charging the battery. New stator regulator and brand new battery. Any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Are you using any of the original wiring loom, or do you have the reg connected directly to the battery (via a fuse preferably)?

Is it a genuine Honda or reputable aftermarket reg/rect rather than chinese ebay junk?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the whole kit from a us seller! Thought it was decent aftermarket equipment. Ended up putting a 900 regulator on the bike after I found the previous owners crap attempt at wiring and undid his work to start with. Used standard wiring harness configuration and was able to wire my 900 regulator on. Any good websites to get a good regulator from?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not sure why you're going down the 929 RR route, as they're just as iffy. Fwiw i have in the past used Roger @ Home he runs a sidecar team at the TT etc and hand winds all the stators and builds everything from scratch, he's also 10 mins down the road from me.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
If you are fitting a different regulator to the standard one, then you might as well go for one of the newer MOSFET based regulators which run cooler and are more reliable. One of the first mods I made to my bike was fitting a MOSFET regulator, even though the original was still working at that point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts