Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some repsol fairings on ebay for the 929 and thought it'd be cool to make a 929 Repsol replica, considerig I haven't seen one on the road so far.....whats your thoughts on this
should I or shouldn't I

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'e heard mixed reivews on those fairings, some say they fit others say they don't. Personally, I'd leave it and just ride it, when the time comes for a new bike then spend the cash on a real repsol.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no mine just need to be repainted cause of minor rash from the previous owner and I was thinking either keeping it the stock paint scheme (bumble bee) or painting the original fairings like the repsol design, it'll cost m the same either way, I like whats on it now but I also like the repsol scheme

·
Registered
163 Posts
To be, to be!

I would love to do that to my 929 but in the piece of sh** country I live in (Portugal), every damned package which comes in from outside the EU is stopped and you have to pay a whopping 21% tax (+ other charges to get it out of customs) so its only really a pipe dream....shame :(

Have a look at the recent posts in the forum, there was someone who bought fairings from those guys in Hong Kong and he had no trouble with fitting them: http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/55680-02-954rr-finally-finished.html

I've bought a Repsol replica jacket from those people selling the fairings, its nice but its made of synthetic leather (really thin) and is only really good for a short ride in the summer.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or wait until i get my paint shop in September and be my first customer Atreyu. Repsol paint is easy to duplicate.
I can do that, but for the cost of shipping my bike up there and back are you gonna do it for free?:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts