Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear for 01, the seat height was raised 5 mm, and the handle bars were lowered by the same amount. Has anyone lowered their seat height? I ride my bike a lot, and the only racing I'll do is drag racing on occasion. I've tried getting low enough to use the fairing a few times, and it's really uncomfortable for me. I think lowering the seat height an inch or 2 would help. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
1pcbr said:
I hear for 01, the seat height was raised 5 mm, and the handle bars were lowered by the same amount. Has anyone lowered their seat height? I ride my bike a lot, and the only racing I'll do is drag racing on occasion. I've tried getting low enough to use the fairing a few times, and it's really uncomfortable for me. I think lowering the seat height an inch or 2 would help. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Wear shorter shoes? :huh:

Custom Seat? :idunno:

lowered foot pegs? :crap:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
all 929's were the same. Theres not a whole lot of seat untill you hit the sub frame..I doubt you'll ever get a couple inches...perhaps a bit if you shave the seat foam down a bit. They do make taller windscreens which might help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
all 929's were the same. Theres not a whole lot of seat untill you hit the sub frame..I doubt you'll ever get a couple inches...perhaps a bit if you shave the seat foam down a bit. They do make taller windscreens which might help.
I cant beleive that 5mm would make that much or any discomfort for a riding positon.. crap if you wore an extra pair of underware you would be raised up 5mm.
:crap:

·
Registered
847 Posts
1pcbr said:
I hear for 01, the seat height was raised 5 mm, and the handle bars were lowered by the same amount.
This is not the case. 00 and 01 929s have the same seat, clipons, and rearsets. They are basically indentical with only a few minor updates on the 01.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts