Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear paddock stand for my 929 and my bike has always sits slightly tilted to one side when I use it. The bike rides fine at low and high speeds, so I don't think it's ever been in an accident. The stand has worked flawlessly on other bikes, does anybody else have this issue with their 929's?

·
Registered
476 Posts
The swing arm on all 929's is not even on both sides. Have a look one side is lower than the other. This is probably why your bike sits cocked on the stand. My stand is adjustable so I have one side set up higher on the stand so it lifts the bike level.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I got the T-Rex stands. You can find them on EBAY for like $150 for both front and back. They are fully adjustale as you can adjust either side up or down and in or out, and then lock that adjustment in place.
Works perfect for the 929 and probably any other bike with no need to buy extra parts.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
That's cool. I already had the PitBull, so I just got the spacer. I like their front lift stand that lifts from the triple, too, as they make different pins to fit any bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm glad someone asked/answered the question. My 929 sits cockeyed as well but I have never bothered to check out why since it feels quite stable when on the stand.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Cut a small piece of 3/4" plywood and counter sink a bolt through it to the right side of the stand to even it out. I did this on my LP stand and it sat perfectly level. I read about the uneven swingarm the day before my stand arrived in the mail and somewhere on here I read about the above mod. It worked fine for 6 years on my bike without any problem.:thumb:

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have the rear swingarm and all the linkage and stuff to make the swap from the 929 to 954 if you'd like to buy it off me. i was going to do the switch, but i've got motard fever now, and the sportbike is being put onto the shelf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts