Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Headlight. Headlight setups like sideshow's current build or my r6 headlight setup (from a gsxr)

any 'fighter' headlight is just there to pass inspection. It does not provide near the light output needed for night riding or to be seen during the day.

·
Registered
84 Posts
explain? get a different headlight? or bulb
I've heard a lot of people saying that those headlights are not bright enough for street riding (especially country backroads, etc.) and those that tried to just install a brighter bulb into that headlight ended up melting the casing. I've been looking at just getting a pair of 5 3/4" round headlights and make my own mounting bracket to put one on each fork. :idunno: Seems much easier to find, wayyyyyy cheaper ($15-25 per light give or take), and significantly brighter.

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
anything will fit with some splicing.
:plus1:
Those are very dim.
dunno how true this is but alot of people say there not very good*

depends if you actually gunna need lights that will be usable in the dark..
off course peoples definition of usable vary
in my youth..... i had a torch strapped to my bikes handlebars** for a couple of weeks... managed fine riding home at midnight, just couldn't see very much:D

I going the stupidly big spotlight route (again):smilebig:

*brightness wise
**errr..... rode... umm! fell over a cliff (pretty much took every light off plus a few other bits:O)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:plus1:
dunno how true this is but alot of people say there not very good*

depends if you actually gunna need lights that will be usable in the dark..
off course peoples definition of usable vary
in my youth..... i had a torch strapped to my bikes handlebars** for a couple of weeks... managed fine riding home at midnight, just couldn't see very much:D

I going the stupidly big spotlight route (again):smilebig:

*brightness wise
**errr..... rode... umm! fell over a cliff (pretty much took every light off plus a few other bits:O)
lol there are to many options

1 - 11 of 11 Posts