Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a 200lb rider without gear on my 929. The bike just does not feel right on the track. I contacted Aftershocks here in Ca. They said that the front needs new springs ($360.00)and the rear needs a revalve($185.00). all this for a total of $545.00
Then, I got on the horn and talked to Lindemann. They want $350-400 to revalve the back but said that I should go for a new Penske shock for $650.00

What have other people done with their 929's suspension? What do you reccommend?
Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Definitely have your forks redone. The stock spring is too light (even if you were 150lbs). Dan Kyle's the man on this. As for the rear, better off just replacing it with an Ohlins. It's money well spent. :thumb:

One more thing, setting the sag to your weight is important. 25-35mm both front and rear.

Rip

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
+1 on the sag, about 1.25in each end. Pensk/Ohlins for the rear. As for the front, a minimum of respringing it should be done. Folks here seem to like Dan Kyle's work. FYI springs are about $100 and you can do it yourself, it's that easy.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Yup, Dan Kyle is the man! Send your forks to him. It's $100 for the correct springs, and $330 for a revalve and polish. Cheaper than the competition, and a better job, IMO. For the rear shock, get an Ohlins, Penske, or Fox. They're all good. No one seems to recommend revalving/respringing the rear shock.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
What they said. Dan Kyle does a great job and an Ohlins or Penske will really improve the handling...all money well spent. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts