Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen more than a few lowsided 929's with a nice scrape on the swingarm. Is this a common problem in a typical lowside with this bike? If so, is there some form of protection from this?

On a sidenote, Does anyone sell exhaust canister protectors?

Barna

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red Rider said:
Or you could use something like Baketech's swingarm sliders...

Swingarm Sliders
I like those Baketech's considering my swingarm is also black - though I'd think the one on the exhaust-side is pointless.
I take it you have to drill into the swingarm? It be nice not to have to do that.

Barna

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
rrbarna said:
I like those Baketech's considering my swingarm is also black - though I'd think the one on the exhaust-side is pointless.
I take it you have to drill into the swingarm? It be nice not to have to do that.
Barna
Hi rrbarna,
The main purpose of these are to stabilized the "spool-less" type Pitbull rear stand. That's why there is one on the exhaust side. It let's me roll the bike around in the garage without the stand creeping.

LIKE THIS

Their function as a slider, is sort of secondary. There are only 2 bikes with them, and neither one of us has tested the "slider" function....time will tell...
:smilebig:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see :)

They wouldn't be compatible with my Handy stands, but if they wouldn't be in the way of them, I may still be interested. I assume you have to drill in two places. How much are you selling them for?

Barna

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
rrbarna said:
I see :)

They wouldn't be compatible with my Handy stands, but if they wouldn't be in the way of them, I may still be interested. I assume you have to drill in two places. How much are you selling them for?

Barna
It's not a product I sell.....the pics are just for info only.... :hmm:

·
Registered
168 Posts
These guys do quite a range of crash protectors. They are in the UK, but I guess they could ship to you. Prices are in UK£, and you can subtract the VAT we have to pay over here (17.5%) from the prices.

www.rg-racing.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts