Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 plate UK 929 has just run out of fuel after 110 miles. I haven't ridden that
hard I think. Is that about right does anyone think? For a tank
that holds 3 and 3/4 gallons UK, that seems about 40 miles light to me.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That's about what mine gets, if I'm riding for fun/going a little nuts. If I'm commuting, I get up to 140ish. If I'm really getting after it, I've gotten less then 100mi per tank! That was racing though, most the time it's more like 115 or so if I'm getting it!

P.S. My bikes not really stock, so my number could be a hair off...:idunno:

·
Registered
55 Posts
On straight highway driving, I can hit 140miles before the light turns on no issue.

Around the city included I'll hit 120 on average, that's with bursts of "spirited" riding too

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I am thinking it is off then. What's fpr? Sorry, not sure what that means.

Anyone any suggestions as to what to do about it?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
fpr fuel pressure regulator. if its been a while since you have changed the plugs id do that and the air filter n do a oil change. those things can rob your bike of its efficiency. specially if they all need done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hers a good one, we once painted a tank on an old Honda 550. Turned out great for a home brewed paint job. Problem was we kept getting crappy gas mileage, One day at fill up time just before swinging the cap closed my brother saw something in the tank. Turns out it was a rag that most likely had been used to keep paint out during our painting.
Sometimes it can be the simplest things that get ya!

My 2001 CBR-929RR get about 120 to 140 miles till the light comes on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fpr fuel pressure regulator. if its been a while since you have changed the plugs id do that and the air filter n do a oil change. those things can rob your bike of its efficiency. specially if they all need done.
Thanks for that. It has a full service history, and was serviced last on the 29th of July 2014, so not so long ago, but I will flag these things up next time it goes in. I reckon a service in June when the mot is due.

·
Registered
185 Posts
SHort track or rain race- 90-100 minutes.
Long track with 2 1/4 mile straights- 75-78 minutes

LOL

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
At the track I get about 90-100 miles to the tank. On the street still only managed 120 tops before the light would come on. These bikes are not really made for fuel efficiency, esp if you ride them hard.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In truth, thinking about it, the light comes on around 90 miles or so, sometimes even earlier. Well before 100 miles anyway, which is why I thought it had come on early and would be good for at least 140 or so. I really don't think I thrash mine that hard. Maybe there is something in the tank ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get around 200km (120miles) then the light comes on. I always reset the trip meter and fill up at the 200km mark. Average riding.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Most I have had the stones to do is 8 laps of racing after the fuel light comes on.....and I was short shifting at 7500 and riding a gear high everywhere around the track just to limp it to the end of the race trying not to have another pitstop for a splash-n-go.......Amusingly, looking at laptimes, I was only about a second/lap slower riding it like that,LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts