Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding this afternoon, and after riding somewhat hard (cruising around 90-100 for five minutes or so), I started just right lane cruising at 70, and as I started exiting the highway and slowing down, I went to accelerate, and mid revs the engine almost sort of cut off. The engine was still running, it was just idling. This lasted for 5-10 very disconcerting seconds then I twisted the throttle again and I got a response.

I know the 929 is too old to be "drive by wire" But would there be a sensor or something that might be loose that would just shut off the throttle without killing the engine?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike has a couple of mods (all done by the previous owner). Custom exhaust, but no pciii and flapper mod. Where is the tps located? I thought the throttle assembly was the wires going straight from the throttle tube to the engine?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The bike has a couple of mods (all done by the previous owner). Custom exhaust, but no pciii and flapper mod. Where is the tps located? I thought the throttle assembly was the wires going straight from the throttle tube to the engine?

TPS is on the right side of the Throttle bodies, has a connector on it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion! Next time i have her apart, i will most definitely check it out. Until then, im not too worried... it hasnt done it again so it might have just been a wierd fluke from a 10 year old machine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts