Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you're looking to swap motors in the chassis, and swap trannies around for a good one, I don't believe the engine will fit, without major modification and don't know about the tranny at all...
But that's where the search feature comes in handy, here, and could prove me wrong...
I'd be interested in knowing what you find out though...

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotcha well the motors will interchange the 95d swing arm bold is bigger but will work. Not sure about the trannys though maybe I just gonna have by budd at mmi fit it for me

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
929/954 transmissions should be identical.
And the engines should be a very simple swap since all the mounts are the same.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So, is it just the mount for the swingarm, that's different?
The tank, and plastics are definitely different, but the frame is the same as what's in a 929?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The frame is different due to the rear subframe and fuel tank rear mount.
The swingarm bracket is different as the lower LHS engine bolt has a pinch bolt on the 954 that the 929 doesn't have.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Actually, if anybody has a 929 swingarm bracket handy that they can weigh I'd be interested in how it compares to the 954 one which is 1789gms.
I hope one day to get actual weights of the 929 and 954 swingarms as well to confirm that the 954 is around 220gms lighter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think have one of each... They're buried somewhere, in my collection of spares... I'll have to dig them up, when I have a chance... I know a swingarm, for sure...

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'd really appreciate it if you could.
I will have my bike apart over Christmas but if the swingarm is significantly lighter it'd give me more time to chase one up :)

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well its lookin like may not matter the guy is not wantin to come off the price. It needs fairing work. But is stretched 10 eh well ill keep lookin

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well gonna bring this back to life as the guy is gonna take 1500 for the bike its stretched fairings need some work and needs a motor I figure she is worth it after a grand or so should have a 5k bike

·
Registered
196 Posts
I put a 929 gearbox in my 954 after I lost 4th gear (kept slipping back in 3rd)

It works just fine & I've had no probs with it since - (30k miles ago)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah they're the same.

The 954 is just a bored out 929 with different pistons, CDI, throttle bodies & a few other minor bits. The bottom end of the engine is identical including the crankshaft, gearbox & con-rods.

I think the top end is near identical too - valves, head, springs etc. Not sure about the camshaft though :idunno:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts