Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 929 and want to get a little more out of it are power commanders worth the money, i see everyone has one. Or is there a different upgrade in the same price range that is better.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
A PC is not really going to give you anymore peak power if your bike is stock but a good map can make the power you have much more usable. There are other things you can do like lightweight 520 chain and sprockets with lower gearing or a muffler but the PC is a great starting point if you plan to do anything else as it's the only way to optimise any engine mods.
I have actually put a bit of a list together of mods for horsepower-per-dollar comparison that I've been considering posting as a discussion thread. I may have to dig it out :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have exhaust. and im talking to you on another thread about regearing post your info on a disscusion thread i wont have much input but ill tune in for sure

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
do you have a full exhaust or just a bolt on can? if its a full system you want to add a PC3 and get it custom mapped. a good system you'll see some good improvement. When I added my Sato system I immediately felt a difference in power than with mapping I got another 6hp over the baseline (no idea what it was before the exhaust change though). So 6hp and extremely linear power delivery was well worth it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a bolt on d and d

·
Registered
258 Posts
check out 58cycle.com

they have pc3r non serial port versions for around $160

which are good unless you have to have the other goodies they make.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
check out 58cycle.com

they have pc3r non serial port versions for around $160

which are good unless you have to have the other goodies they make.
actually it is serial port. they don't make the 'r' version in USB.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
the PCiii with custom map will help your power/torque right through the revs and make the bike much more ridable even if your peak power isn't much more than it was before. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts