Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me if it is possible to remove the valve cover without dropping the motor? I just got my bike back together and it doesnt run worth a damn, I think my timing may be off.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yes, the cover comes out without removing the motor. You won't think it will, but it slides out towards the rear of the bike. You'll either need to remove the throttle cables from the throttle body or pull them at the bar and pull them out of the way.

Edit: Hmm, never tried dropping the rad and going forward with it.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
EatnAsphalt said:
Hmm, never tried dropping the rad and going forward with it.
SOOOOOOOOO much easier than taking therottle cables off.:thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dunno, i'll see what i can do... last time i tried sneaking it out the front i couldnt quite get it past the frame and wiring harness, i'll give it another try before i pull the motor again though

·
Registered
847 Posts
I usually pull the wiring harness out of the way. Everything plugs in under the right side air duct cover. Easy to unplug. Honda made it so you can't plug them back in wrong too (different connectors for different things).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I go thru the effort of removing the fuel tank, air filter housing, wire harness etc.Then remove the rad & take it out thru the front.
I like to see what I am doing & it gives me a chance to check every thing out while I am in there.It doesnt take that much longer.
Daryl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts