Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at doing a custom exhaust on my 929.. I was looking to eliminate the htev on the 929 exhaust, and possibly stick a voodoo slip on on the end.. But I've been looking at the 900rr exhaust and i think it would be a lot easier to just put on a 900rr header and add the voodoo on the end it. I was just wondering if anyone has tried to bolt up a 900rr header to a 929rr head and if they bolt up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could actually see that being possible based on some of the pics I've seen of the 900's.. They look a bit larger than the 929

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
This question was asked fairly recently. Short answer is it won't work.

·
Registered
596 Posts
the two are not interchangeable without modifications. i know for a FACT that you cannot mix and match cans due to the flange being totally different, and i am 90% sure you cannot bolt a 900 header up to a 929 head or vis versa.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not too worried about the can issue cause I was planning on getting a aftermarket system, then just sticking a voodoo on the end and bringing it out the bottom fairing. Just looking for a way to shorten the exhaust system. I was gonna remove the htev and then bolt the mid pipe directly to the header then cut a chunk out of where its 2 pipes and reweld then attach the voodoo. Currently I have the yoshi 3/4 system and the can has seen better days.

·
Registered
596 Posts
why not just gut the HTEV, or cut it off and weld a new pipe in, instead of messing with a 900 header? OEM 900 header is one piece fyi, although my 2bros system has a midpipe it is just a slip on that uses springs.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
yes the 929 headers fit the 900rr so must work the other way around.. Theres a thread on here from a couple of months back where someone fitted 929 headers which was fine appart from the pipe fouled the sump. Will try and find the thead for you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts