Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a damper for my 01 929 for a while now and have found a few being sold which are off a 954. Are they interchangable? I have been told many conflicting statements from everyone I have talked to. I am sure there is a difference between the Scotts and the piston type for fit due to size and shape.
I am looking for an Ohlins, Toby or Matris.
Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
My buddy put an ohlins from a 929 onto a 954.

it fit but we had to file a part of the bracket down cause it would rub against the tank when you moved the bars, so i'd assume that going the other way would be no problem at all.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
The tank on the 954 is mounted 10mm further forward than the the 929 tank, thats why a 929 mount will not work with the 954, but I would think the 954 mount should work on the 929 :idunno:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I changed from a 929 to a 954 this year and moved my Ohlins damper across with harris brackets. However it's not a straight swap.

Th top yoke on the 954 sits higher than the 929. (or other way round, can't remeber - senility is a terrible thing)

With the Ohlins damper/Harris mount only the damper and damper clamp are common between a 929 and 954 set up. The top yoke bracket and conecting arm are quite different. I bought the individual parts from harris to make the change.

Even better if you buy a 954 kit, you can buy my surplus 929 bits and hey presto you are in business. Email me if you are interested. Can easily ship to the US and you could pay me by PayPal

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts