Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the dia and mounting is the same for the 929 as the 954. Somewhere I thought I heard that the 954 rotors were 10 more mm in Dia

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
929Boomer said:
Anyone know if the dia and mounting is the same for the 929 as the 954. Somewhere I thought I heard that the 954 rotors were 10 more mm in Dia
Ron Ayers lists the 929 & 954 on the same fiche for rotors but there are two different part #'s, if I remember correctly the Erion edition rotors were a different color. If this were true it would account for the different part #'s. (I can measure them tonight)

·
Registered
74 Posts
The rotors are the same and interchangeable. The only difference it that some of the 929 rotor carriers (Y2K ?) are anodized black while they are all gold on the 954s. I have 929 rotors on my 954 front rim.

Hope that helps :thumb:

John

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
johnnyboym said:
The rotors are the same and interchangeable. The only difference it that some of the 929 rotor carriers (Y2K ?) are anodized black while they are all gold on the 954s. I have 929 rotors on my 954 front rim.

Hope that helps :thumb:

John

Yep... that's what I thought, the black ones were the Erion edition rotors.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
My Erion had gold carriers. I thougth the 2000's had black carriers, and 01 and up gold :idunno:
You are correct sir!

I just Googled images of '00 929's and they have black carriers.... I stand corrected.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cbr99xx said:
You are correct sir!

I just Googled images of '00 929's and they have black carriers.... I stand corrected.
Thanks Guys the 01 929 had the gold carrier, 00 had black carrier

1 - 8 of 8 Posts