Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear rim is a little bit bent so I'd like to pick up another one. I've been told that 04-07 1000rr wheels swap right on with no problems, is this true? I've also been told they're lighter, anyone know how much? I figure if I'm replacing anyway, I might as well upgrade a little...

·
Registered
900 Posts
There was a thread on here a couple of days ago about this, from what i remember, yes they will fit and yes they are lighter. as to there weight that was on there too. But i recon you can goggle it and get weight.:)

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
they do fit, supposed to be just a tiny bit lighter. I can't tell you if its noticeable when picking them up because the 1000RR rims had some dunlops on them and I put Pirellis on and my 929 rims have Michelins on them. So even if I could feel a difference it could be in weight of the tire also. And on the bike I didn't notice any difference.

I have a spare 929 rear wheel that you can buy off me if you want. $125+shipping. It cost me $90 to have it repaired and straightened by Will's Rim Repair. Its orange with a polished lip (that could use polishing again as its not too shiny)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have both front an rear... BRAND NEW IN THE BOX... yours for 300 plus shipping....
those are 1000rr? does anyone know for sure if everything bolts up with no issues and whether the sprocket carrier works right?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
those are 1000rr? does anyone know for sure if everything bolts up with no issues and whether the sprocket carrier works right?
I know 1000RR wheels bolt in just fine with the 1000RR sprocket carrier, don't know if I've ever tried it with the 929 carrier though. I know the carriers have different bearings so they may not be compatible.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I run '06 1000RR wheels on my 929.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I know 1000RR wheels bolt in just fine with the 1000RR sprocket carrier, don't know if I've ever tried it with the 929 carrier though. I know the carriers have different bearings so they may not be compatible.
I also have 06 wheels on my 929. I'm pretty sure I went with the 929 cush drive because I remember I didn't feel like switching the sprocket over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts