Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and girls

just a quick question... ive just bought a 929 and it really needs a c+s kit...

I mostly ride in town and have no need for 175mph top end so i was going to down gear a fair bit to make it 'feel' more lively. im hoping geared down and high bars will make the bike a little more fun in town (last bike was a superduke and im missing the fun factor that bike had)

was going to go 15/47 just seeing if anyone else runs this and do you have any problem with chain/swingarm hitting etc?

i will prob use the bike for a few trackdays as well but still really not fussed about top end the corners are the fun bit anyways

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
19 Posts
I run 1 down 2 up. I dont remember the tooth count on the rear but i think it is 46 or 47. Its got crazy accel. Havent had any issuses with hitting or anything like that. And the pull from 40 to 140 is nuts :D

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi Guys and girls

just a quick question... ive just bought a 929 and it really needs a c+s kit...

I mostly ride in town and have no need for 175mph top end so i was going to down gear a fair bit to make it 'feel' more lively. im hoping geared down and high bars will make the bike a little more fun in town (last bike was a superduke and im missing the fun factor that bike had)

was going to go 15/47 just seeing if anyone else runs this and do you have any problem with chain/swingarm hitting etc?

i will prob use the bike for a few trackdays as well but still really not fussed about top end the corners are the fun bit anyways

Thanks

Matt
15/47 works just fine.
Swingarm will be fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thought I'd update this

Ended up with 15/46 (supplier was out of 47)

Bike is much much improved. Acceleration is better wheelies are a piece of piss again and generally I'm happy...

Trackdays are calling though so fresh tires and a good service is next... See ya at snetterton!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey, perfect timing! I'm ordering new sprockets for my 97 blade and was trying to figure out what gearing to get. 99% of my riding is around town and/or under 130km/h. I was thinking about 15/47 but was afraid that was too extreme as it's a 19% increase in rpm from stock. That'd take my legal cruising speed of 120 km/h from 4500 rpm to about 5400 rpm.

Is it too much? Should I do like OP and go 15/46?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello mate

If say the difference between 46/47 is fairly negligible.. If I could have ordered a 47 I would have.

I went with a 110 link chain. There's plenty there so you would be fine with the same.

I did go 520 conversion as well btw.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think i'll do the 520 conversion as I never race, but thanks for the info. I'm gonna go 15/47 and order a 110 chain. I'll let you know how it goes once the parts get in. Now I just need to find someplace that doesn't want 2000 kronor for a chain and sprocket kit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts