Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everbody,

I got a '00 929 blade, and it has annoying flat spot at 6k, if you revv more it passes it and pulls like a train.

Bike has fully operational servo motor with airbox and exhaust pipe's valves operating the way they should. Air filter was dead - replaced with k&n, bike also has scorpion slip on exhaust can. Checked the fuel pressure regulator - no problems there. Cleaned fuel injectors with botte of cleaner mixed with fuel, still no results. Bike also has vibrations around 4.5-5k rpm. valve clearances were done 8k ago, so they are half way through to next clearance check.

Any thoughts what might cause that flat spot at 6k? Maybe vibrations are related to it? Thanks for any useful thoughts! :]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just had a good run on motorway in gears from 1 till 6 in rpms from 4-11k. The result is interesting, i realised that there was also a tine flat spot at around 8-8.5k. In lower gears it is less noticable, in higher gears it is more noticable. Could it be the case of dead spark plugs as the at higher rpm engine sucks in more fuel and air and weaker spark plugs are struggling to burn air/fuel mix properly?
Any tips on what i should look at when replacing spark plugs?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I’m searching for info on a very similar problem.
My 929 has developed a flat spot in the rev range 4500-5500 is my estimate. Pulls fine up to that point, and after as well but falls on its face when it gets there.
Done some reading and it seems a lot of people say servo/flapper. I replaced the full exhaust so the servo motor is gone. Cables for it tucked away. I know you’re saying THATS IT....but it ran fine like this for a couple years. I put the bike away in storage and when I came home to ride it, the problem was there. I replaced the fuel and fluids, changed the plugs, checked for shorts or exposed wires, but nothing. I’ve heard a couple people mention coils as possible?
Has anyone solved this problem with anything other than a tune/pcIII?

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Hi , would check the easy stuff first , Fuel pump not clogged up and before that the FPR , could be perished Diaphragm or vacuum pipe, what colour are the spark plugs

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Is this bike new to you or long term ownership. What I mean is this something that has happen but was a-ok, or is it a new bike (to you) and it’s runs this way?

vibration 4.5k-5k is pretty normal. Lh footpeg on mine in particular!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts