Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 929rr was acting up ever since I bought it. I knew it had some kinks that needed to be worked out. I bought it and then had to go on Tour so I have not rode it for alittle over a year.
Before I left I went to the track. I cold not get the bike to go below a 13 flate. The bike just would not want to get it over 6 grand. It would act like a limiter was kicking in. HTEV? I really had no time to look at it before i left. Now I am back, I took her for a spin for a few hours. Now the bike bogs down and will die if I crack the throttle on open road. Even cracked to half throttle it dies. (like miss tuned carbs, but this is fuel injected). I remembered the bike not running right at the track and decided I should look at it and found that both cables were cut from the valve.
I stopped there.. If the guy that had it before me did some mod to it and had his pcIII on it,I have not looked yet either. Do you guys think now maybe since the bike dont have it, it is just running like crap with the fac settings with the mods?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm replying only to let you know that there will be people replying soon who WILL be able to halp you.

All I can say is ... reconnect to the valve, then go through everything electrical step by step and make sure everything else is properly connected too.

Good luck.

or convert to carbs, LOL

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Could be a lot of things. What kind of exhaust system does the bike have (stock, slipon, full) and what mods have been done (flapper, PAIR)? Does the bike have a PowerCommander now? Are you getting any fault codes?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a D&D slip on, there is no power commander on it now. But here some thing new. A message from god so to say lol. It would run awsome for a minute and fall on its face again. (die at half throttle). After playing around a bit on the road. I hit a rock in the rock the size of a softball. (My fault, construction zone) It got the back tired and bend it to Hello and back, blowing the back tired. Well driving home hanging on for dear life with the bike shaking and sliding around at 15 mph. I hit the High beams and the bike went to dieing at quarter throttle. Turn them off and the bike picked up again just fine. So here's the question I have... If the battery is cranking like new, and with a load is like new, what could cause the lights to have an effect on how high the rpms go? Is there a common problem with the electrical that effects things in that area? Whats your guys thoughts on it!:idunno:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
If it's intermittent, and happens when using your highbeams, than it's most likely an electrical short somewhere. Start at the battery terminals and go from there...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to be tearing it down here in a few days to see if I can't find something wrong with it.. I am thinking it could be a connection some where due to how it act's. It is almost like the alt. is not charging sometimes and sometimes it does. I have had the battery sound weak a few times before and then would not do it for awhile then out of a blue moon it would do it again.
IDK tearing it down to look at it here soon.
Thanks again for the advice

·
Registered
335 Posts
mmm just so you know it does not matter if is fuel injected, still has carbs and they need to be sync now and then. if is not charging and sometimes does,is the stator going bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts