Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2000 929 that I'm working on , it ran before winter , someone cut the kill switch wires and the ignition wires , I fixed all the wires I found cut , all the switches are working but the fuel pump will not turn on , tested pump and it works , tested computer in another bike and it works , changed all relays , checked and changed lean sensor , changed all four wire harnesses and gauges , checked all fuses and grounds and still nothing , I did not change stator , rectifier , crank or cam sensors , I'm stumped / lost please help

·
Registered
328 Posts
Check for 9 volts on the pink wire at the ignition switch (key switch)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked safety switches .
I have tried 3 ignitions one of witch was brand new and didn't make any difference , I will check the voltage next time I work on it .

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello I have a 2000 929 that I'm working on , it ran before winter , someone cut the kill switch wires and the ignition wires , I fixed all the wires I found cut , all the switches are working but the fuel pump will not turn on , tested pump and it works , tested computer in another bike and it works , changed all relays , checked and changed lean sensor , changed all four wire harnesses and gauges , checked all fuses and grounds and still nothing , I did not change stator , rectifier , crank or cam sensors , I'm stumped / lost please help

Do you have spark?
Not throwing any MIL on the dash?
Tried bypassing the kill switch?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coils and injectors have power , won't fire at all , injectors won't fire ether with pump hit wired , kill switch has Ben checked ( all wires have power when it's on ) , no codes

·
Registered
328 Posts
How many volts on the pink wire coming from the key switch? Not "it has power", need to know the voltage

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know the voltage yet I haven't been back to the guys house to work on it again , I'm trying to get a few thing to look at b4 I go back , what is the 9v for ?

·
Registered
328 Posts
tells the computer its ok to turn on fuel pump. until you get that working without being jumped you should go no further.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was the ignition switch even the new one was bad took mine out of the 954 it in and everything works , thanks everyone for all the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts