Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First if this post is in the wrong place please move it.

here is my question

Where was the honda (2000-2001) Sold at world wide?

It occured to me that the bike was produced globally which each area prob had different color schemes. I am also thinking that it might be cheaper to order full honda plastic oem and with the currency exchange rates be cheaper then ordering new or break even then ordering pre-owned.

Would probably be cheaper painting the tank to match.

or am i totally off my mark?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
First if this post is in the wrong place please move it.

here is my question

Where was the honda (2000-2001) Sold at world wide?

It occured to me that the bike was produced globally which each area prob had different color schemes. I am also thinking that it might be cheaper to order full honda plastic oem and with the currency exchange rates be cheaper then ordering new or break even then ordering pre-owned.

Would probably be cheaper painting the tank to match.

or am i totally off my mark?
The 929 was sold everywhere as far as I know - possibly excluding China and North Korea? I don't think sales were big in Antarctica though.
Do you mean that you want a specific non-US colour scheme?
The currency exchange rates probably aren't as big a deal as the cost of shipping the large boxes required.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plus the US dollar sucks now.

True the US dollar does suck but in some areas I am thinking its enough to lets say get a full set. Also I have to keep in mind the minute I get a peice that doesnt match my tail ans tank I have to paint the whole bike.

So I am thinking I might beable to find a non US color combo for a bit less.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Also I have to keep in mind the minute I get a peice that doesnt match my tail and tank I have to paint the whole bike.
Why wouldn't you just paint the new pieces to match the rest of the bike?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
because my bike is stock or was before I got hit by the drunk driver.
Why does it matter whether it's stock or otherwise?
Get some panels and paint them to suit the bike like everybody else does.
If you want a different colour scheme you still need to get the pieces you need and then just paint everything as you want it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts