Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if I can put the 04/05 1000rr forks on my 01 929rr either by just switching the forks or by switching the whole front end (steering stem, triple tree ect...)

·
Registered
272 Posts
OOOOH let me know please. Im keen to hear the word on this, ive been giving it some thought of late.

I have a 929/954/1000 here but i dont wanna gut all 2 of em just to figure it out, and if so ill just buy a set of forks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So when I read this post I had bought a set of forks off of ebay. The auction said they were from a 2005 CBR1000. Once I got them I was fairly certain that they didnt come off of that bike. The biggest difference between the 929 and the 1000 is the braking system. To change the forks would require that you change your whole braking system as well. This is due to the fact that the new brakes are radial mounted and the ones on the 929 are not. otherwise the forks have the same travel the same diameters and so on. It seems that the triple clamps on the two bikes are the same and they should work either way. My project has not progressed at all in the last little while and so I cant speak to the wheel much yet. In the research that either the axle or the casing or something in the 929 and the 1000 had exactly the same part number. This makes me think that the mounting of either wheel should work with either set of forks. Like I said I haven't tried to do that yet but the specs that I saw for those parts in the front wheel looked like they are the same size and everything. So that is what I know about it. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That would be a lot easier if you can use the 929/954 wheel and axle, lowers cost and keep it looking legit with the era of the bike.

Interesting info, thanks for that !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Be sure to check on the mounting of the brake rotors as well. I don't know if the 1000 rotors would mount straight on to the 929 wheel that could be a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts