Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i made the poor choice of buying a cheap ass battery off amazon for my 01' CBR929RR
The new battery may have a bad cell because it won't start the bike and volts drop dramatically once under load.... Does anyone have suggestioon what battery I should get... Is there a stronger battery out there that would fit in my bike.. The battery in there now is a YTZ10S.... Is a gel battery stronger?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the same Yuasa YTZ10S in my 954RR. It is the stock battery since 2003 so 10 years on it won't hold a charge. What battery did you replace the Yuasa with as I'm looking to get a new battery within the week.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So i made the poor choice of buying a cheap ass battery off amazon for my 01' CBR929RR
The new battery may have a bad cell because it won't start the bike and volts drop dramatically once under load.... Does anyone have suggestioon what battery I should get... Is there a stronger battery out there that would fit in my bike.. The battery in there now is a YTZ10S.... Is a gel battery stronger?

The OEM Yuasa is likely to be the best battery you'll find.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I've been using a MotoBatt AGM battery since last year and couldn't be happier. Yuasa would definitely be my other choice though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.