Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I have an 01 929RR, first issue I have is that it is nearly impossible to shift into neutral at a stand still. I have to be rolling to get into neutral. Which might be a problem to my second issue. When I do shift into neutral and let the clutch out the bike seems to make an odd sound from the clutch. Can't really describe it, and makes the bike vibrate more too. Do I need a clutch? I was planning on ordering a new clutch anyways. Also anyone experience their coolant reservior to melt from the headers? Is doing a coolant flush the same as say a car? Drain the coolant, fill the radiator, warm up the engine until the fans kick on? Etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
refilling is:
fill via radiator cap until full, start the motor and run for 2 to 3 minutes, snap the throttle a couple of time to flush air out the system, . Stop the motor and add coolant to the proper level if necessary. refit rad cap. check coolant in reserve tank is up to the max line and top up if not. you do not need to let it get so hot the fan kicks in.

the tank should not have melted!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts