Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 01 929rr. Pretty much all stock. I washed it one day then crunk it (ran fine) pulled it in the garage parked it, came back out the next day tried firing it back up and it won’t start. It will hit every once in a while and try to fire but never actually cranks. So I read some forums and they all said stator or rectifier so I changed both. Put it all back together and still the same results but now my starter will stick turning over even with the key off and out and the kill switch on the bars off untill I unhook the battery. I’ve tried unhooking all wire connecters and blowing them out thinking they might have water or somthing in there but still the same results. I’m lost...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi the starter motor has its own supply from the battery via the starter relay, take off one of the heavy wires at the relay , and reconnect the battery , does the relay click ? If so the relay is working, does it click when the key is switched off and you connect the battery ? If so you have a short somewhere in the wiring, this could be caused by water getting in somewhere when you washed the bike or just coincidence, disconnect the ignition switch at its connector block, does the relay still click when the battery is reconnected, if not the switch is the problem, do the same with the right hand switch gear , if it does still click the fault is somewhere in the wiring , so trace the route of the loom and check for pinched or chafed wiring , keep the battery connected and wriggle the loom listening for the relay to click, if you wriggle a section of wiring and it does thats were your fault is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts