Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 929re. it runs very rough, idle low and engine cut off, backfire and running very lean, no power as well. the bike has been sitting for awhile so i just change the oil and spark plugs and fill up with good gas from shell. it still runs like ****. need help..

·
Registered
900 Posts
if you had her stood up long time, A emty all fuel and flush out tank, then put fresh fuel in. B make sure battery is fully charged, if not it can cause probs, C if no joy you will need to clean and check plugs and airfilter.If that does,nt sort it you will need to check you have no dry joints on electrics....wd40 always helps.I take it she was running ok when you put her up?:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure how long it was sitting. I just brought it. When I brought it. It wasn't running. I check everything and it was the fuel pump. Replace the fuel pump fire up right away. It ran really rough, so I taught it needed a tune up. Did that and still ran the same. I told the tank off and check all the fuel lines and holes, they look fine. when the engine is warm up the idle drop, some backfire and the motor has a rough noise then shut off. It have a power commander and it reads lean. So I know that its running lean. Any idea guys. Thanks

·
Registered
900 Posts
power comander again....the route of all evil....they are great when working fine but they are prone to going wrong and causeing the problems your getting. Disconect it and try again, recon all will be good. if you really want one buy a new one if not live without it. let me know!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know much about power command.Does it control the air flow. Kinda like a car jet chip, that connect to the thorttle sensor. If I disconnect it. Do I need to replace it, new wire or what. Can you tell me how to disconnect it. I can do without the power command. Thank

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
On the right side on the tank, there is the injector harness, disconnect both male and female connectors from the pc and simply plug the injector harness into the stock plugs. You cant miss it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remove the power commander bike runs alittle better. Idle good now. A little bit more power then before. But still backfire. Any ideas will help. Thanks guys

·
Registered
900 Posts
you might have full race exhaust system and other mods done to your bike, the commander would have been put on to keep them in check, looks like commander packed up so you eliminated the wrong setting it was giving out by removing it. Best bet is to get bike set up as is now, might need to get dealer to set her up 4 you..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts