Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is only my 4th post and fairly new to fireblades!

I recently had to change the indicators that came on my blade due to one failing (wire had broke inside the led) I changed these and all was working fine. I then for some reason walked around the front and realised my headlights weren't on. I've checked the bulbs and they seem fine. The highbeam pass buzzes if I press it. Any ideas on where to start 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I assume the battery is fully charged? and what model are we talking about? I would start with the battery, then relay and fuses. If there are no lights at all and battery is good, it could be the switch (Pre 2002 models don't have "always on" dip so you have to manually put the lights on, after that rules changes to having dip on all the time). Not sure there is a ballast unless it has aftermarket HID lights; should be straight halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume the battery is fully charged? and what model are we talking about? I would start with the battery, then relay and fuses. If there are no lights at all and battery is good, it could be the switch (Pre 2002 models don't have "always on" dip so you have to manually put the lights on, after that rules changes to having dip on all the time). Not sure there is a ballast unless it has aftermarket HID lights; should be straight halogen bulbs.
Hey, it's a 2002 929rr. The battery is all good. I'm now assuming it could be a relay as the indicators are sequential one whereas before they were standard led. Yeah I initially thought the switch so took that off and cleaned it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts