Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my killswitch on my 01 929 has been acting up lately, something inside must be on its way out because i can tap the black killswitch housing and it will shut the bike off. decided instead of replacing the killswitch to just bypass the switch as a whole being that 1. i dont use it and 2. i do alot of stunt riding and its more of a hazard then a safety feature if i was to accidently hit the switch it could throw me off the bike mid wheelie or something.

i assumed this would be a 2min job, simply trace the two wires running to the switch, cut them and connect them together.

found those two wires, traced them down to the harness for an easier cut, and snipped them.

i connect the white and black wires together at the plug, turned the key on and the fuel pump kicked on. success! ... NOPE. fuel pump kicks on but now the bike wont start. nothing from the starter at all. i undid the wires, put them back together like they were before i cut, bike starts right up. why would cutting and connecting these two wires keep the starter from working? is one of the wires a ground wire for the starter or something?! im confused!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welp answered my own question! apparently the black wire is a ground for the starter button...to bypass the killswitch on a 929rr cut the white wire with black stripe and splice that into the black wire...black wire must stay connected or else the bike wont start! ill leave this up for anyone else that might run into the same issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
welp answered my own question! apparently the black wire is a ground for the starter button...to bypass the killswitch on a 929rr cut the white wire with black stripe and splice that into the black wire...black wire must stay connected or else the bike wont start! ill leave this up for anyone else that might run into the same issue

so I cut my white with the black stripe and right before the connector where the the kill switch is bypassed I cut the wires ri that is coming out of the right handlebar switch assembly that connector the solid black and the white with the black stripe I cut only the white with the black stripe and splice The wire into the solid black but when I cut the white with the black stripe which end do I use the one on the connector or the one that's coming from the switch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts