Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

929rr problem with power comander 5

2K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  buttcrack007 
#1 ·
Hi guys ! greetings from norway, got myself a 929rr fall 2019 runns great no problems other than bad tyres from the old owner.

so i got myself a powercomander 5, downloaded a map that fitted my setup.now for the problems:

when startup a little rough/jumpy at rpms, strange and very random few knocks, then smooth until operating temp. but if i kill it, then try to start up, it goes for a sec then it dies. if i turn the throlle over 1500 rpms it doesent die, only when let off.

i can add that the red light flashed 2 time intervalls.

please do not butcher me here, my first bike and got my licence for 4 moths. only worked on cars prior to the bike.

#11 ·
If it runs ok when you remove the PC5 but does not run with it in place then I would conclude that the map is not suited to your bike. It might be better to get it to a dyno shop and have it set up properly.
I also have some maps for PC3 but not sure if that would work with PC5 and depends on what you have changed. My 929 has BMC race filter, flapper removes, blue flame end can. Let me know if you want me to send you a copy of my map

#13 ·
i removed it and went for a ride , the problem seems to still be there. no problem at all when riding and stopping , but when turning it off then on again the rpm wount stay put. but when staring with a little throttle. and getting it going and then again stopping when pulling the clutch in 1st or whatever it doesent die on me.. and no this did not happen before, i have doubble checked every connector/pipe and plug and took pictures before dismanteling.

#15 ·
It does sound like possible air leak, or fuel. if it was ok before you fitted the PC and now it's not it does suggest somethings been disturbed, disconnect, or overlooked A couple of checks - is the vacuum line on the FPR? (it would stop the fpr working correctly and allows air in to the inlets). When you removed the fuel tack are you sure no lines, especially the main fuel line, get pinched or twisted when you refit the tank?

#17 ·
Sorry to hear your problems as they can be very frustrating. You said first time rider? I’d set the power commander aside and learn to ride the blade stock before adding more power. Be safe! As for your problem, do you get a code from the bike itself? The f1 light will blink when you turn the key to on, without starting it. What about the idle adjustment, did that get turned? Also it’s normal for the 929/954 to rattle a bit at startup. They are known to be noisy. Good luck!

#18 ·
yeah i was thinking of just keeping it off, but i wantet the advantage of adjusting the fuel, for dayling and economic use and not dragging knees all the time, the "more power" part was only å pluss.

i actually went on a longer ride, the "it came back". can the healtech quickshifter mess that up? i had forgotten about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.