Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone I have a question

My 900RR is almost paid off ($2000 left) but im willing to sell it for about $1700 with the jacket and helmet I have and the gloves if they can be found. And I would send the title as soon as I received it.

The bike is in pretty much great condition, as far as i know it just needs a new wiring harness and chain...I'm not riding it because I'm not really in the place atm to just fix it up and be able to pay the needed bills lol (yes its that bad)

I put all the money into the 929 that isn't here ATM and I need to cut down some bills, so any advice is appreciated :smilebig:

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
...it just needs a new wiring harness...
Just?
Not a big job at all for me but that's probably a deal breaker for most people I would think.
You'd do better to replace the harness first and then sell it.
Why does it need replacing?

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
i think it may be a 25, but you could be right...but the one closest to the seat is the one that keeps blowing out, i tried crimping new wires leading up to it but that didnt do anything, still blew
:hmm: had to check and if it the main.... under the little red cap next to the relay.... it should be a 30..... if you running 25a that maybe why it blowing:idunno:

but didn't think the relay connected through it... woulda thought if it was blowing fuses when you press the starter button it woulda taken out the 10 in the fuse box...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:hmm: had to check and if it the main.... under the little red cap next to the relay.... it should be a 30..... if you running 25a that maybe why it blowing:idunno:

but didn't think the relay connected through it... woulda thought if it was blowing fuses when you press the starter button it woulda taken out the 10 in the fuse box...
i haven't touched the bike in awhile, but i know i tried running atleast 5 over what it was. and it pops when i turn try to connect the battery...the battery sparks (i initially thought it was from the contact so i would just put it on anyway) then once its fully connected the fuse pops :idunno:

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
i haven't touched the bike in awhile, but i know i tried running atleast 5 over what it was. and it pops when i turn try to connect the battery...the battery sparks (i initially thought it was from the contact so i would just put it on anyway) then once its fully connected the fuse pops :idunno:
Summuts shorting well then.....

does it pop with ignition off or only when you turn it on?

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
i think...on, but if i remember correctly when it was off also, but its been a few since i been down to try
Best you get down there and check it out:D

as blade said.... be alot easier to sell if its running... blowing fuses is gunna put people right off*....

... when my gixxer was messing around poping fuses:rolleyes: I disconected all the wiring blocks then plugged them back in one by one.... didn't take long to isolate the offending circuit and find the short**

*i'd certainly think twice, then offer you a really low price
**originally I thought it was Loopy as there was nothing shorter around:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Best you get down there and check it out:D

as blade said.... be alot easier to sell if its running... blowing fuses is gunna put people right off*....

... when my gixxer was messing around poping fuses:rolleyes: I disconected all the wiring blocks then plugged them back in one by one.... didn't take long to isolate the offending circuit and find the short**

*i'd certainly think twice, then offer you a really low price
**originally I thought it was Loopy as there was nothing shorter around:rotfl:
lmao, okay ill let you all know what happens, have to buy more fuses

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.