Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just had a few questions to people who have already done this conversion. I am currently in the middle of trying to upgrade the front fairings off my 93 900RR to the 98-99 bodywork. I already have the upper/mids/lowers, headlights, and gauge stay. What I didn't realize is that the upper fairing stay looks like it'll need to be swapped out as well since the 93-94 doesnt line up with the new 98 fairings.

Questions:

How did you guys mount the 98-99 fairing stay on the frame since it now needs to bolt up on the top near where the tank mounts?

Anybody expereincing any clearance problems with the upper 98-99 fairings? It looks like when I'm all done that the right handle bar is gonna be really close to the upper fairings and might even cause my hand to hit it at times. (maybe this will be fixed with the new fairing stay when it arrives.

How did you mount the 93-94 gauges on the 98-99 gauge stay? The bolt holes don't line up anymore since the 98 guages are different and it looks like it'll probably get in the way with the windscreen?

Last one... Did your 93-94 mirrors fit the 98-99 plastics/windscreen? Mine doesn't want to line up for some wierd reason as well..

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Change the stay and everything esle bolts right up with no problems. I've been there and done that with a 1994 frame and 1998 Body Work.

Well - everything except the rear seat. That will need to be updated as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts