Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I don't have a dipstick right now but have a cap I wanna use a thermometer or something to put thru the cap as a level checker. SOO..... could somebody measuse the length of their dipstick from the bottom of the cap to end of stick and then measure bottom stick to full level mark.

Thanks in advanced for anyhelp.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you not just buy a new one?
Cause a new one would look stock and iv seen another with thermometer thru the cap sealed up and looked cool plus you get a oil temp also :)
I don't have your average looking blade she fightered out and I like adding own personal touches along the way.

So if somebody could please measure theirs when they have the time would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh so nobody can give me a length of their dipstick?
It'd be really cool if somebody could take two mins a check it out and let me know so I can do this silly modification :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did u need one for a 600 or a 900?

cause this post is in the 600 forum and your screen name and title indicate 900

heres one from my 93 900rr hope this helps

SORRY bout the 900rr post in the 600 forum mynas didn't realize that's where I posted it. Oops..
any ways thank-you. Tac2cul that is exactly what I needed to see! Gave you some rep points now I can commence to makein the temp gauge in the oil cap. :)

Thanks a bunch.

Next time ill be sure to be 100% on what part of the forum I'm asking in.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
ive tried everywhere to get a dip stick
Try David Silver Spares, the UK older parts guru. You might have to email or phone through your query:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts