Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you switch it on everything works. Except headlights and starter switch. There is a little buzzing from under the dash. When the headlights come on, that's when the starter button works. If not I have to touch the contacts on the main relay and starts right up. But still no headlight when I start it, and it runs fine. Anyone has had this problem or know about it really appreciate the input. Thanks in advance.p.s. I checked the fuses and battery amperage, all fine.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Buzzing noise usually refers to a relay that's no the fritz. Can you localise it? Does the US model have always on light which cut out with the starter button? If so that would require a relay which may be your culprit.

Sorry for the vague guesses, I never worked on a US bike nor on a 93, but consider this a free BTT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah and I think it just went out all together, stopped buzzing, no headlights, won't start. I know it's under the gauges, that's where the buzzing was. Gonna go figure it out today. Hopefully it's and easy one. Mine has the light always on and cut out with the starter. Gonna start there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok man now i feel like an idiot. You know when things mess up and you just start really overthinking the problem? Found a fuse panel that i didnt know about, sure enough the bottom fuse says Head/Ign. Imagine that. Replaced the fuse, everythings good. I always do that overthinking stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts