Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rad on my '93 RRP Blade is completely rotted-out - so much so that it isn't even fit for re-coring (the frame is too far gone). I've spent hours and hours Googling for solutions, but without success. It seems that there used to be OEM rads available for early models, but I can't find any that are in stock any more. The Bay of Evil hasn't thrown any s/h ones up (at least that I've seen) in a long time. The replacement has to look original as I'm doing a restoration, not a custom or performance rebuild, so I'd be most grateful if anyone here would be kind enough to point me at an answer! :idunno:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
im not real sure how accurate a restoration youre trying to do or the major differences between the 93 and 97 900 but in this post by a member he fit a 954 radiator in his 97 900. it looks like a pretty easy swap. some slight modifications and it fit right in. its a good write up and it might be something to consider. if its not like a show bike restoration i dont think anyone would ever be the wiser. 954 and 929 radiators are easy to come by and there are some nice aftermarket units for about the same cost as a good used oem on ebay.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/109801-cbr900rr-fitted-954-radiator.html?highlight=cbr+954+radiator+on+cbr+900

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
im not real sure how accurate a restoration youre trying to do or the major differences between the 93 and 97 900 but in this post by a member he fit a 954 radiator in his 97 900. it looks like a pretty easy swap. some slight modifications and it fit right in. its a good write up and it might be something to consider. if its not like a show bike restoration i dont think anyone would ever be the wiser. 954 and 929 radiators are easy to come by and there are some nice aftermarket units for about the same cost as a good used oem on ebay.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/109801-cbr900rr-fitted-954-radiator.html?highlight=cbr+954+radiator+on+cbr+900

The 93 had a flat radiator, not curved, so if going for the original look, those won't work.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
yeah i wasnt sure what the differences were on the early to late 900's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts