Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I’m always looking for them. The average person would see it sitting like that and think it’s just old junk. I hope you got a video of it before cleaning it up to document the way it was sitting.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice, the plate was last current/registered as of 1998 (it still even has dealership's license plate bracket - Larson's in Cambridge MN on it hah - sweet ! ).

Gonna have to go through the entire thing from top to bottom to get her roadworthy again (check for mouse / wiring damage) - will make for a nice winter project, that's for sure - g'luck ! :)

Reactions: chobes

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m always looking for them. The average person would see it sitting like that and think it’s just old junk. I hope you got a video of it before cleaning it up to document the way it was sitting.
I have multiple videos, just haven't put them together again. It's a different bike after a quick rinse...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, the plate was last current/registered as of 1998 (it still even has dealership's license plate bracket - Larson's in Cambridge MN on it hah - sweet ! ).

Gonna have to go through the entire thing from top to bottom to get her roadworthy again (check for mouse / wiring damage) - will make for a nice winter project, that's for sure - g'luck ! :)
I've already talked with the guys at Larson's, will most likely buy some parts from them to complete the project.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I decided that I had to see if it's going to run before I really tear into it and clean it all up. I swapped coils, plugs and wires, carbs and fuel tank from my running project bike, borrowed the clutch perch/lever and CDI, changed the oil and made sure it turned over by hand before hitting the switch. Fired right up, no strange noises, so it went for a nice slow idle around the block. First time it's moved under it's own power for 20+ years.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Tachometer Odometer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First ride was sooooo sketchy, wiggled and squirmed all over the place. I swapped over the rear wheel, and put an F2 front on. I was able to find the perfect spacers to fit, even got the speedo hooked up. Went for another cruise around the block with an even bigger grin on my face. 😁 (I'll swap to VFR rotors if I keep the F2 wheel on the front)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle brake
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Getting the garage cleaned up motivated me to keep the '94 project bike I have as well. Some shelves in gave some extra space to tear into the bike and keep all of the parts semi-organized, even spun some wrenches on the '94. I need to redo the wiring on the '94, nice to have both bikes at the same time to use the other for reference.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts