Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... I've been doing some searching on this forum but not finding the issue that I have for my bike. closest I've found I think was on a 929rr. My 900 was losing power at first while riding and after some reading and research, come to find out that my R/R had burnt pins and the connector had melted severely. Besides that, the stator connector harness had melted/burnt also. When performing my test of voltages on both, they weren't within specs. therefore I purchased and installed a new stator and R/R. performed a new test and everything is within specs. I started the bike and let it run for a while. Then all of a sudden, the bike stops running. pulled out the voltage meter and my battery was down to 8V. Recharged the battery back to 12v and then tested to see what the voltage was at 5000rpm. At 5k, the battery was producing 11.2V. The issue I have now is that my battery is recharging. Any suggestions or ideal what could be the issue? Seems like everyone in my area is afraid or have no knowledge about the 1st gen fireblade. smh

Thanks in advance.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,343 Posts
You need a new battery. When the RR goes with the stator and the battery drains 99.9% of the time the battery is toast.

Put your volt meter on the battery and thumb the starter. If it shows 11vdc or under when the starter hits its toast. Seen it a hundred times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just did thumb the starter and dropped to 11.3 one time and 10.4 another. I'll go pickup a new battery and see what happens. MTF

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks IanDoohan. I replaced with a new battery and when retesting, saw the voltage finally reaching above 14V while increasing to 5k rpms. On the deceleration, I hear a pop and everything goes black. I think one of my jumper wires that I was using started moving from the vibration of the bike and touched something because I found that my main fuse was blown. I installed a new fuse and as soon as I turn my ignition key, the fuse blows again. smh...lol So now, I gotta find if it's grounded. time to find this needle in a haystack. If it wasn't for bad luck, I don't think I'll have any luck at all. lol

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Thanks IanDoohan. I replaced with a new battery and when retesting, saw the voltage finally reaching above 14V while increasing to 5k rpms. On the deceleration, I hear a pop and everything goes black. I think one of my jumper wires that I was using started moving from the vibration of the bike and touched something because I found that my main fuse was blown. I installed a new fuse and as soon as I turn my ignition key, the fuse blows again. smh...lol So now, I gotta find if it's grounded. time to find this needle in a haystack. If it wasn't for bad luck, I don't think I'll have any luck at all. lol
Here's a flow chart to help:wink
Just a thought , unplug the R/R ,turn on ignition ,if the fuse doesn't blow plug the R/R back in and see if it blows, if it blows without the R/R plugged in it could be your + and - leads from the battery or solenoid

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,343 Posts
Check the 4 or 2 pin red connector that carries the hot from the reg/rec into the main fuse/starter solenoid. They also have a bad habit of melting and shorting out when charging problems arise.

15A785AC-0D20-48FC-96F9-1D43C06E3BA7.jpeg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts