Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i bought this bike this temp needle has been getting worse. When sitting still no issues the needle moves as it should. Upon moving and increasing vibration the needle flickers back and forth for awhile and then evens out over time. But once stopping to a stand still and continuing, it will do it again.

Im thinking loose wire somewhere or a bad connection. Ill dig into it on my days off but i wanted to get peoples feedback if any were to be given.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Since i bought this bike this temp needle has been getting worse. When sitting still no issues the needle moves as it should. Upon moving and increasing vibration the needle flickers back and forth for awhile and then evens out over time. But once stopping to a stand still and continuing, it will do it again.

Im thinking loose wire somewhere or a bad connection. Ill dig into it on my days off but i wanted to get peoples feedback if any were to be given.

Thanks in advance.

Can you try swapping in another instrument cluster to see if it persists?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Nope I cannot, I have no spare parts. I wish i had some layin around though.

And you don't know anybody with a 900RR?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blade,

I dont know anyone with a 900RR. So i cant use parts from peoples bikes to test. I will dig into it and see what i can find.

I was hoping someone had a similar issue and could give insight on it.

As it stands i have no spare parts and no access to use parts from other machines.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: --==RESOLVED==--93 CBR900RR Temp needle flickers

As i guessed it was a loose wire/connection

The gauge cluster connection easily pulled apart. Once i unplugged and made sure all wires were fine, pushed the connections back together very firmly and they clicked i knew they were good. Took it for a spin and the needle is as steady as they should be.

Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts