Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all" i am ny here and hope you gays can help me with this question: i have change front weel too a hornet 900 and there is no speedo drive in that weel,so long its ok. now! can i fit a speedosprokket from a cbr 400rr some has drive from sproket,i know its not bolt on but wit a little mod. it will. but will my org spedometer be showing rigth km.h ? maybe a silly q. but hope some can answer this. best.reg.:):O

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
hi all" i am ny here and hope you gays can help me with this question: i have change front weel too a hornet 900 and there is no speedo drive in that weel,so long its ok. now! can i fit a speedosprokket from a cbr 400rr some has drive from sproket,i know its not bolt on but wit a little mod. it will. but will my org spedometer be showing rigth km.h ? maybe a silly q. but hope some can answer this. best.reg.:):O

You will need to put something in the wheel hub to drive the speedo drive and the speedo drive will need to be the correct centre bore to fit the axle.
The accuracy is determined by the tyre circumference and the ratio of the speedo drive. Measure how many times the drive rotates for a single complete turn of the hub. I would expect any drive from a bike with similar tyre diameter would be fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bladeracer !!!thanks! i have cut the 400 sprocket to bolt on, drive nut is the same diameter, so i will do as you told me to do. again: many tankhs for youre answer,i have read a lot of wath you write in this forum and you are the best.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome to the Org...:welcome: But that is an unfortunate typo, that I highlighted. I promise to keep it as far above board as possible. Lol.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Welcome to the Org...:welcome: But that is an unfortunate typo, that I highlighted. I promise to keep it as far above board as possible. Lol.

I didn't even notice that :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
I read that and was like, "Wow! I wonder if they noticed that.." Not that I'm the spelling master, but that was one of those that Spellcheck would have passed. It was the Freudian typo and it made me laugh.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:wstupid:...thanks for youre answer and speelling notes.(lol) i am bad in englise as you can see!! well -i got my org. speedo. to worg with the cbr 400 rr coverDRIVE SPROCKETH. and best of all,:its akkurate in reading km.h. the sbr 400 has 18 t rearweel .mine 900 has 17 rear,but i got 16 teeth fronth sprocketh wile 400 has 15 ore 14. anyway.,speedo work right. thanks again folks!! ps., how do you speel" gays " the right way? not the wrong way!? LOL. BEST REG:clap:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:wstupid:...thanks for youre answer and speelling notes.(lol) i am bad in englise as you can see!! well -i got my org. speedo. to worg with the cbr 400 rr coverDRIVE SPROCKETH. and best of all,:its akkurate in reading km.h. the sbr 400 has 18 t rearweel .mine 900 has 17 rear,but i got 16 teeth fronth sprocketh wile 400 has 15 ore 14. anyway.,speedo work right. thanks again folks!! ps., how do you speel" gays " the right way? not the wrong way!? LOL. BEST REG:clap::patriot:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts