Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I haven't been on this forum in a while, but here's my question. Would their be any problems if I were to replace my stock can with one off an F2? My stock can got damaged, and I have one from an F2 600,the bolt pattern is the same and it fits. So would there be a problem with back pressure if I were to swap them out?. Thanks in advance for any input... …Fitzman.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,154 Posts
Hey guys, I haven't been on this forum in a while, but here's my question. Would their be any problems if I were to replace my stock can with one off an F2? My stock can got damaged, and I have one from an F2 600,the bolt pattern is the same and it fits. So would there be a problem with back pressure if I were to swap them out?. Thanks in advance for any input... …Fitzman.
That doesn't make any sense, the F2 cans weren't a stand alone can. They came with the mid pipe attached. If you have a black, 3bolt patern can, it's for a 900, or another make with a similar bolt pattern, not an F2.

I don't think what ever it is you have will hurt your set up. Should run fine. Try it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks for the feedback Ian. Yes the stock can is black, and the only way I am identifying the other one is that it says Honda F2 stamped on it.(It's silver, by the way).
After installing the other can I could not notice any difference from the stock black one.. My concern was that since the F2 can supposedly came off a 600,my motor might not be able to "breathe" enough up top? (High rpms) I like how quiet the bike runs, but don't want to sacrifice any more power than I have to.
Hope this makes sence.Any other input, sugjetions or comments would be great.
Thanks again, for your help….….Fitzman.

94 CBR 900RR..Box stock.

·
8,154 Posts
The 96-97 900 came with a silver can, and probably has the same bolt pattern. Does it have this stamped on it or something similar? If so it's an OEM Honda muffler for the aforementioned 900 years. And should be fine to use. This one happens to say F1 on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, there is a similar stamping on the can, the only difference is there is an F2 instead of the F1 on the one in the picture.
So basically I'm OK using the one I have, till I can get my hands on a good aftermarket can? Thanks again for the input.. Fitzman...

·
8,154 Posts
Yes, there is a similar stamping on the can, the only difference is there is an F2 instead of the F1 on the one in the picture.
So basically I'm OK using the one I have, till I can get my hands on a good aftermarket can? Thanks again for the input.. Fitzman...
Yes, good to go :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, that's the one that I just removed, So from what I'm taking away from your input, Is that I'm doing no damage by running the F2 pipe.?
The bike runs pretty much the same as with the stock one.
Last question, Can anyone recomend me a can that will not require me to rejett ,while boosting low end to midrange?

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts