Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i looked for a front tire for this bike 16" is few and for between and hard to find / expensive so i've heard you can use a vfr or a f3 front tire in it's place questions ????

my bike 94 frame 95 engine 97 fairing
had speedo cable with mechanical speedo was ripped off when previous owner tried a 9k hole shot

now has an electronic speedo with a sensor over the front sproket

so the front 16" wheel has the speedo ring and a shim on the other side

i want to switch to 17 " what all would i have to change ?

brakes? forks(45mm i believe) ? or will the brakes fit and i just have to get rotors that fit the bolt pattern of the rim ?

i've tried searching around on google and haven't come up with an answer
or im just searching with the wrong phrase

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Oh great - I'm a guru now

I wish I new more about the 17" swap. I've never done it before because I like the 16" wheel. Metzeler makes the M1 which makes tires that fit by the way. Very good tires.

You may want to scroll all the way to the bottom of this page as well. There you will find a few of the past threads that will try and answer your question.

Also do a search on the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah but that information is for a 97 ar we sure this will work on a 94 is the width between the forks the same ? or do you have to shim it ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i did this on my 94

you will lose your speedo....so get the front sprocket reading one...you'll need a 95 or newer instrument cluster

also the only thing you need are the right spacers for the wheel....i ended up using ones off of a cbr f2 or f3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts