Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So starting yesterday my bike started shifting odd, usually going into first the lever would stick down and the oil was fine and decently fresh. Fast forward to today, i was riding it (its my main transport and sees 100 miles a day) and it started sticking in every gear and you would have to move the lever back to the center to grab another gear :thumbd: since this is an early year Blade im going to assume its an issue with the shifter star/ detent arm because i used to have a yamaha banshee with a similar issue, now the question is will the parts from a 1997 cbr 900 motor swap over because i have a parts block that i know shifted fine, thanks for any help!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hard to say without getting in there to see what is actually wrong. It could be the shift drum bearing or something out of place with the shift selector or shift arm... Not sure on the part swapping but you can go on DiscountHondaParts.com, Honda, Polaris, KTM, Ski-Doo, Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, Parts and Accessories. after you open up your engine and find the exact part that is wrong and look up the parts for each engine... if the part number is the same... they are interchangeable... if not they are different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts