Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? My 95 makes a chatter at idle when cold, but only if Idont have the clutch in. Am I losing a throwout bearing or is this the common chatter I've heard about? Someone help!

Thanks-Nick

·
Registered
162 Posts
i have it on my '95 blade too. does not affect any performance, just that the chattering is bothering the ears.
change the clutch basket and the chatter will go off during cold starts.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Mine does it. It's the valve train components making noise and also the carburetor slides that rattle. Once things are warmed up the parts expand and stop making the noise or at least quiet down a lot. It's very common thing with 900RR's.

If you do a search on the subject you'll see a lot of people have asked the same question. :) It's normal noise.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine does it. It's the valve train components making noise and also the carburetor slides that rattle. Once things are warmed up the parts expand and stop making the noise or at least quiet down a lot. It's very common thing with 900RR's.

If you do a search on the subject you'll see a lot of people have asked the same question. :) It's normal noise.

my carb slides and valve train does not rattle in cold starts... i bought my bike used, and yes it did chatter a little. after since i did a top overhaul; changed all the valves, shims, valve seals, timing chain, chain guides, etc etc etc.... the sound was like non existent for the past 6 months even after a few trackdays. only thing i did not change was the clutch basket, (pressure n friction plates, springs are new) which was why i could pinpoint where the chattering sound came from (except when clutched in, the sound goes off)

but i change the oil frequently, every 1200 miles for road and fresh oil every track session (dumped the oil right after the session). therefore, engine is really smooth. :smilebig:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts